Bookkeeper / Part Time
This position is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, and supporting the financial health of the company. This role requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The Accountant reports directly to the Director and works closely with other departments to ensure the financial processes run smoothly and efficiently.
Hours: 15-20 hours/week
Part-time remote / part-time in the office
Manage Financial Records: Accurately record all financial transactions, including bills, expenses, and receipts, while maintaining a well-organized digital and physical filing system.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable: Process and track incoming and outgoing payments, including billing customers, collecting payments, managing overdue accounts, and processing employee expense reimbursements.
- Bank and credit card reconciliations: Regularly reconcile bank and credit card statements to promptly identify and resolve discrepancies or issues.
- Financial Reporting: Generate accurate and timely financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow reports, for client and management review.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assisting in the development and monitoring of the company's annual budget, tracking actual spend versus forecast and identifying opportunities for cost savings or revenue increases.
- Tax Compliance: Ensure the company is in compliance with all tax obligations by accurately recording and reporting taxable transactions and assisting in the preparation and filing of required tax documents.
- Audit Support: Provide support and documentation for internal and external financial audits.
Continuous Improvement: Stay current on accounting best practices, industry trends and relevant regulations; Recommend and implement process improvements to enhance the company's financial operations.
Perform other related tasks assigned by the client or management.
- At least an associate degree in accounting, finance or a related field. A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant bookkeeping or bookkeeping experience, preferably in the beauty and retail industry.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks (Premier Plus) and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and experience applying them to bookkeeping tasks
- High attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to identify and resolve discrepancies in financial records.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze financial data, identify trends and patterns and provide meaningful insights to support decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively convey financial information to non-financial team members and collaborate with different departments within the organization.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive financial information.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, processes and technology, and a willingness to continuously learn and improve in the role.
- Industry specific knowledge preferred. Familiarity with beauty and retail and direct to consumer.
Then please send us your application documents including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you very much for your efforts to apply for this position. Please understand that we will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted.